Monday, December 29, 2008

HOLIDAY SEASON PART 1 OF 3

Where oh where do I begin….

I want to try to clear out my basket of stuff I’ve been up to before the new year so I’ll begin with this…


TEENAGE MOTHERS!

I’ve stated this so many times before, but I love to take photographs. One of my mentors by the name of Derek Blanks hit me up not to long ago and let me know that he’d be going out to a church and photographing a Christmas event put together to supply presents and toys to teenage mothers, and he asked if I’d like to tag along, partially to assist him, as well as to do some ‘behind the scenes’/ documentary photographs for myself. Now I must admit, I love photo-journalism, I even take my mediocre stabs at it when the chance arises but I know its not my strong suit. Whatever the case, I really enjoyed myself, Derek is a great friend and I appreciated tagging along with him on this occasion, and meeting a group of people all coming together just to show these teenage mothers, even if just for a moment that they don’t have to go it alone.

CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO SEE MORE PICS


No comments: