Thursday, January 22, 2009

Inauguration of President Barack Obama...WOW!!

SKIP ALL OF THIS AND JUST SEE PICTURES? CLICK HERE



Inauguration of President Barack Obama...WOW!!


So where do I begin….

I was working with a few options on how I was going to get to DC. I just had to figure out which would produce the best experience. Not going wasn’t an option, EVER! I felt that this occurrence was the equivalent of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Speech, and history like that refuses to be missed by these eyes!

I decided to go to DC with my undergraduate school, Albany State University, which was a great choice. I was given the opportunity to take a trip with some old colleagues and some students I hadn’t had the pleasure of knowing before this trip and it all paid off.

Of course taking a trip like this, on a bus, with a bunch of different taste pallets, everyone wants to stop for something to eat, but everyone wants something different. So our bus driver, who by the way did his thing, by pressing the heck out of the gas peddle, made the decision unbenounced to the majority of the bus to make a right off the exit to Wendy’s when in fact there was an overwhelming group of McDonalds fans that saw there fast food establishment to the left. Our bus driver, being the kind man that he was realized his mistake and tried to bust the illest U-turn and….









Needless to say…we got stuck, had to all get off the bus, and wait for a tow truck to come pull us out.

So what did we end up doing?





You got it…walking back to Wendy’s and eating, as we waited for the Bus….

TOO FUNNY!!!



OK enough about the Pre-DC experience…although there is so much more to tell.



Being a photographer at one of the biggest events of my lifetime, and certainly one of the most covered events (Television, photo-journalists, amateur photographers, etc..) I wanted to make this experience genuine for me when I looked back at it. So I wracked my brain to figure out what I didn’t think would be seen as much, by those not here that were watching through another persons eyes, and to be honest I just didn’t know! There were tons and tons and tons of people, and every time I picked my camera up I found myself shooting the oceans of people.








Along with that, at times, the crowd was so tight, I couldn’t even pick my camera up. I honestly attempted to let my body go, let my legs dangle, just to see if I could fall to the ground, but I couldn’t, I was being held up by the people around me, and it was amazing, kind of scary, but really amazing. So I ended up just taking pictures of what made me smile. Cheesy, corny, yea I know, but at the core of this entire experience it was about me, so hey, gotta make sure your star player’s happy first ☺ !


Ok ok

Here are some PHOTOS <---Click that!

2 comments:

Richard A. said...

I'm glad that you all had a great time and got to be a part of this historical event! That bus situation was pretty hilarious.

malik m.l. williams said...

hmm... from your photos, looks like i was only a few yards away from you...