Sunday, January 11, 2009

SHOOTING TIPS

WHITE SEAMLESS PAPER

So, let me start off by saying that these are not "My" tips, just tips that I've either found and use or found and added to, with that being said....


One of many people/resources I've looked at over time for interesting tips on in-studio setups and fairly minor but powerful post production tips is a man by the name of Zack Arias. He runs a studio called UsedFilm and is based out of Atlanta, GA. In my Opinion his work is great! He has a unique way of using light, very interesting perspectives, and uses equipment that's generally inexpensive, to produce professional quality results.

One video he has that i found extremely useful is post production on White seamless paper...

White Seamless paper is used at every level of photography, as well as in various aspects of advertisements and its crucial to know how to handle it.

Check it out...Let me know if you think this is useful....and i will gladly post more tips




After he showed me this...it really allowed me to be a bit more free when shooting on white seamless because i knew how to clean it up...

Composition in your frame is very important as well. Depending on how you shoot a subject on seamless paper you may run the risk of wasting valuable space on your sensor that will keep your image looking sharp and crisp!


Bad Composition!!!


Better Composition!!!



Then Open it Up in photoshop



Then





and you get left with this








Try it, it's fun!!






Hope this helps someone, the way it helped me :)

No comments: