Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Random

I've often wondered what my song will be? What my story will be from the lips of those telling it?

I see such amazing talent around me, either too out of the box for mainstream society to accept them or to much like whats already in rotation and truthfully i become even more lost within myself. See, I've realized you've got to "Play the game", that is mantra of sorts.

What does that mean? Well i look at it like this....

You ever have a friend that was a great singer, but they sang in a manner that was different? Different as in, not Usher, or Just Beiber, or whoever else is out right now? They've got a great sound and an amazing talent but its just not whats hot right now? Well, when you ask that person why don't they change to fit in, that's like a slap in the face right? The discussion for me always takes an interesting turn. I often ask so what do you want to be known as? Some may say great, or this or that? Then the next question is, who is it that will be calling you these things (ie. great, etc) ? If he/she refers to society in any shape or form as being the group of people to validate them as great, then they've got to "Play the game".

The reality is that i want to effect my culture! I want to believe that I'm assisting in the growth of a people, not just a black people, not just a photographer culture, not just any one specific person place or thing, but universal culture. Photography is that to me! You show me a person that either does not own a camera or does not have a picture of themselves somewhere and I'll show you a mini leprechaun in your back pocket cause you are the luckiest person in the world, to have found someone without one of those two things!

Although there are exceptions to the rule, I believe there are very few people on the face of the earth that don't have something to do with photographs either being taken of them or taking them of someone else. Furthermore, if that is the case, and I am creating images, then I'm left with the notion that I participate in the understanding of that cultural phenom.

Yes its 1:50am in the am and I'm slightly delusional, so I'll probably read this in the morning and wonder what the heck was I thinking....but to those that are curious, I don't drink so this isn't drunk blogging lol :)


and no I'm not going to proof read this because I'm going to bed....good night!


o yea, because I'm a photographer I've got to post a picture so...



Kevin Hart, they guy is hilarious!

1 comment:

Nick said...

Are these Poloroids?